FLEXIBLE FOLDING MAT WITH CROCSKIN CELL ARMOUR
200W SOLAR MAT
With genuine SunPower flexible cells, extra-strong 1680D canvas, our exclusive Crocskin® cell armour technology and proprietary fibre backing, all backed by our market-leading 5 year warranty, this solar mat will provide many years of reliable service in the toughest conditions.
The world’s toughest solar mats have just got even tougher, with the introduction of our exclusive Crocskin® cell armour technology and proprietary fibre backing for incredible heat tolerance and impact protection.
Portable solar mats are a great addition to any camping adventure. Having the ability to generate power on the go allows you to bring more gear with you and camp more comfortably in more locations.
Hard Korr® flexible folding solar mats will not only survive in hard conditions, but thrive in them. With genuine SunPower® cells for ultimate longevity, extra-strong 1680D canvas, thick connectors and detachable 5-stage waterproof controller, it’s no wonder these mats were just awarded two prestigious Global Media Awards at the 2018 SEMA Show!
- Genuine SunPower® flexible cells for ultimate strength and efficiency
- Extra-thick 1680D canvas for enhanced durability
- Reinforced eyelets to allow mat to be anchored in windy weather
- Super light weight for easy transportation and setup
- Includes detachable 5-stage digital PWM controller, Anderson plug and all necessary cables
- Genuine 5-year Australian warranty
How it works
By using your Korr Lighting solar mat in the sun, you can recharge your battery for free anywhere. Charging will stop when the battery is full. You can then use your Korr LED lights, 12v fridges, TVs, fans and other camping equipment.
Installation is a breeze only taking 1-2 minutes. Simply unfold your solar mat, place in the sunlight, and connect the 5m lead from the solar controller to the battery. It’s that easy!
Frequently Asked Questions
What separates a Hard Korr® folding solar mat from cheaper models?
Mostly it comes down to quality of materials and manufacturing. We specify genuine SunPower® solar cells for optimum efficiency and lifespan, extra-tough 1680D canvas, fibre backing and exclusive Crocskin® armour coating for durability. Our panels are manufactured to a very high standard including strong stitching and careful wiring. That’s why we are able to offer a massive 5-year warranty!
Why SunPower® cells?
Quite simply, SunPower make the best solar cells currently available in the market. They are much stronger, more efficient and more durable than cheaper alternatives. You can find out more about them here.
Do I have to use the included controller?
- You must always use a controller between the solar panel and your battery, but if you have your own solar controller (e.g. built into a camper trailer or RV) you can use that instead. We include an Anderson plug connector in the box.
How do I position my solar mat?
- You can place your solar mat anywhere it receives direct sunlight. This might be on your windscreen or bonnet, on top of your awning, on your roof rack, or on the ground. You will experience a small increase in output if you are able to angle the panels 45° to the sun but in practice this is not mandatory for good performance.
If one cell is shaded or blocked, does the whole panel stop producing electricity?
- No. Our mat is designed with bypass diodes to ensure that if one cell is not producing power the rest of the cells are unaffected. This is another difference between a Hard Korr panel and cheaper models.
Can I leave my mat out in the weather?
- Yes, Hard Korr solar mats are designed to withstand rain and even hail. However, your panel will not generally produce much electricity during inclement weather so we recommend you bring it inside at these times.
Which panel do I need for my setup?
- Start by finding out the total current draw of all the equipment you wish to use. Multiply this figure by the number of hours the equipment is generally used to get the total amp hours consumed. Solar panels can generally provide their stated output for 8 hours per day, so multiply the stated output by 8 hours to find out how many amp hours your solar mat can provide. Here’s a worked example:
You use a Hard Korr 5-bar camp kit for 4 hours per day (3A x 4h = 12Ah)
You use a fridge 24 hours per day that draws 2A (2A x 24h = 48Ah)
Total consumption = 60Ah
Solar panel output required = 60Ah / 8 = 7.5A
Hard Korr’s 150w solar mat with Crocskin® cell armour produces a guaranteed 8.5A per hour on a clear day and will be sufficient in most circumstances. A 200w panel would provide additional buffer.
- Cell type Monocrystalline silicon
- Cell manufacturer Genuine Sunpower® cell
- Backing material Fibre
- Cell coating Crocskin®
- Wattage 200w
- Max. Voltage 19.60V
- Max. Current 11.36A
- Open Circuit 23.60V
- Short Circuit 13.68A
- Size (folded) 540mm x 540mm x 50mm
- Size (unfolded) 540mm x 2680mm
- Operating temperature -20°C to 65°C
- Weight 5.9kg
- Certifications CE, RoHS, C-Tick
- 1x 200w solar mat
- 1x 15A 5-stage digital controller
- 1x 5m lead with bullet plugs
- 1x 1m bullet to alligator clamps
- 1x 30cm bullet to Anderson connector
As far as warranty claims go, we will do everything we can to ensure your warranty is processed smoothly. We have a great relationship with all our suppliers, and will work directly with them and You to ensure any warranty issues are rectified in a timely manner.
The Hard Korr® Guarantee
All Korr® products are manufactured using the highest quality materials. We are confident that they are the most durable in the market and will give you many years of reliable service. We stand behind this product with a comprehensive 5-year Australian warranty and a 30-day money back guarantee.
We want you to be 100% happy with your T/Line purchase and if the condition of the product isn't holding up its end of the bargain, we'll fix it in a hassle-free manner.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Timberline General Store users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.